Educational Service Contracting (ESC)
Philippine Nikkei Jin Kai International School is an ESC-participating Junior High School.
Educational Service Contracting (ESC) is a partnership program by the Department of Education (DepEd) aimed at decongesting overcrowded public junior high school. In ESC, the excess capacities of certified private junior high schools are “contracted” through slot allocations for students who would otherwise have gone to public schools. The slots come with subsidies called ESC grants, and program beneficiaries are called ESC grantees.
ESC aims to make quality junior high school education accessible by providing financial assistance to deserving elementary graduates who wish to study junior high school in private schools.
ESC grantees are assured of financial assistance throughout junior high school as long as they meet the
requirements for regular promotion in each grade level.
TERMS OF THE ESC GRANT
As per guidelines on the implementation of the ESC Program in the Junior High School (D.O No. 20, s. 2017),
- The ESC grant covers four (4) years of junior high school starting from grade 7. No new ESC
grants are awarded at higher grade levels.
- The grant remains in force for the next school year if the grantee is promoted to the next grade
level and enrolls in an ESC-participating JHS. No maintaining grades are required of grantees within a
- The grant is terminated if a grantee does any one of the following:
- Drops out for non-health reasons in the middle of the school year;
- Does not reenroll the following school year;
- Fails to be promoted to the next grade level or is retained at the same grade level;
- Is suspended for more than two (2) weeks, dismissed or expelled by the school for
disciplinary reasons; or
- Transfers to a non-ESC-participating JHS
- Transfers to another ESC-participating JHS are allowed. In cases when the applicable subsidy
amount of the releasing school is different from that of the accepting school, the accepting school will be
paid the lower of the two applicable subsidy amounts.
- Grantees who drop out due to prolonged illness, accident, force majeure, or death of a parent
or guardian may be reinstated in the ESC program, provided they submit relevant documents to PEAC.
The documents to be submitted are to support their claim (i.e. for illness, a medical certificate issued by a
licensed medical doctor).
APPLICATION FOR THE ESC PROGRAM
Incoming Grade 7 students who wish to apply for the ESC program at PNJK-IS shall follow the procedure below and submit documentary requirements.
|Step||What to do|
|1||Ask for the Education Service Contracting Application Form at the Registrar’s Office.|
|2||Completely fill out the application form and submit it to the Registrar’s Office together
with the following documents:
|3||Wait for the announcement of result.|
Please take note of the following:
- The ESC Application Form is available during enrollment time and will only be released
upon the receipt of student’s enrollment documentary requirements, namely:
For Old Students For Transfer Students Original Grade 6 Report Card Admission Slip (issued from the Student Development Center after passing the entrance examination and interview with the Department Heads) Recent identical 1×1 ID photo (3
Original Grade 6 Report Card bearing student’s LRN Photocopy of PSA birth certificate (2 copies) Certificate of Good Moral Character Recent identical 1×1 ID photo (3 copies)
- Only those with complete requirements will be processed.
- The ESC program is for Filipino learners only.
SELECTION OF GRANTEES
Preference shall be given to graduates of public elementary schools. While these students are eligible for ESC subsidies, they must undergo assessment for selection by the School Committee. The School Committee will profile and assess the students considered for ESC grants and select grantees based on need, given the limited slots allocated to the school.
TRANSFEREES WHO ARE ESC GRANTEES FROM THEIR PREVIOUS SCHOOL
A Certification Letter reflecting the 7-digit ESC School ID of the releasing school and student ESC ID number must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office during enrollment time in order to continue the ESC grant.
For more ESC inquiries, you may contact the Registrar at (082) 235-2971.